Turns out some folks think plumbers only handle toilets and drains. The truth however is that plumber services cover a range of different parts of your home. This time on the Economy Plumbing Services blog, we’re giving a brief rundown of the different work we do, plumber services for residential and commercial clients!
What Do Plumbing and Plumber Services Cover?
While we know it’s not the ‘best’ way to begin an essay in college, it’s worth mentioning here, the Merriam Webster’s definition of plumbing is a: the apparatus (such as pipes and fixtures) concerned in the distribution and use of water in a building b: an internal system that resembles plumbing, especially: one consisting of conduits or channels for conveying fluids.
Plumbing is the pipes and fixtures that move fluids about your home. That includes things like:
- potable cold and hot tap water supply
- plumbing drainage venting
- sewage systems and septic systems with or without hot water heat recycling and graywater recovery and treatment systems
- Rainwater, surface, and subsurface water drainage
- fuel gas piping
- hydronics, i.e. heating and cooling systems utilizing water to transport thermal energy, as in district heating systems, like for example the New York City steam system.
Perhaps the biggest job of all is the initial installation of plumbing lines and features! Pipes from the city lines under your home and up through the walls to the fixtures they need to go. If you ever expand your home, or renovate a space and need to run water to or from (or gas) you’ll need a plumber to install the plumbing!
Expert installation services include:
- New toilets
- New outdoor hose bibs
- Water heaters
- New pipes
The most common services we perform and the most self-explanatory. When something isn’t working right, we repair it.
Expert Plumbing Repair Services
- Pipe replacements
- Repairs for water heaters
- Sewer lines
- Drain cleaning
- Clog removal
Not all leaks are so easily spotted. If you suspect a leak hidden leak, it is crucial to get a licensed, trusted professional plumber out for leak detection and repair as soon as possible. There are some signs to look for to indicate you may have a hidden leak that needs immediate attention.
Signs You Have a Hidden Leak
- Water meter readings change even when not using water
- Increased water bill when water usage has not changed
- Unusual plant or grass growth in the yard or lawn areas
- Toilets that are continually running or dripping faucets
- Running water sounds when nothing is in use
- Spongy, soft, or discolored walls or ceilings
- Musty odor from floors, walls near drains, or sewers
- Cracked or unusually damp foundations or slabs
- Sewer backup problems that become chronic
- Visible mildew or excessive moisture under carpet
Water heaters a critical piece of any plumbing system. They allow us to have hot water, on-demand, whether in our sinks, dishwashers, or morning showers. Your water heater is used every day (the average family of four uses about 65 gallons of hot water a day)! If it’s not working as efficiently as it should, your day to day comfort will immediately be impacted. Water heater services include repair, Same Day Replacement, and Installation.
Services that fall under this umbrella:
- Sewer lines
- Sewer line repairs
- New sewer connections
- Repairs for collapsed pipes
- Repairs and replacements for old cast iron pipes
- Repairs for cracked pipes
This you might not expect to find under plumber services but we absolutely do it! Repairing or installing gas lines is a crucial step in maintaining or building a home. From minor repairs to complete replacements of gas lines, the experts at Economy Plumbing Service LLC can fix it all and keep you and your family safe.
Similar to plumbing installation, repiping is when we replace all the pipes in a home with new pipe. Whether it’s replacing old galvanized metal pipes with PEX piping, or other materials, repiping gives a home a whole new lease on their plumbing life.
The plumbing experts at Economy Plumbing Services come into the home and assess the current network of pipes. Thankfully, there is a standard way of doing things and this means most plumbing is laid out in a fairly straightforward way, no matter who works on the plumbing. After the assessment, EPS will go through the wall, attic, wherever necessary to run new pipes throughout the home. For us at Economy Plumbing Service LLC, we get these jobs done in two days
No matter what plumber services you require, Economy Plumbing Service LLC is here to help!