Why Your Pipes Are Leaking
- Water pressure is too high – If water is shooting out of your faucets and shower heads, it could mean you have extremely high water pressure in your house.
- Natural shifting and settling – Over time, your home will settle or move slightly, it’s totally natural. When this happens, your plumbing can also shift and result in pipes falling out of alignment or coming loose.
- Freezing and thawing of your pipes – If pipes freeze, then thaw, and freeze again, this can weaken the pipe itself.
- Pipe corrosion – Pipes can begin to rust and weaken due to water chemistry, heat, damaging drain cleaners, water pH balance, the material of the pipes, and time.
- PolyButylene pipes – Notorious for failing, bursting or leaking within the walls of your home. PolyButylene pipes may need replacement.
Economy Plumbing Service LLC – Tucson Plumbers with over 23 years of experience!
A slow water leak inside your house causes damage all day, every day. If the leak is hidden under a floor or behind a wall, it will carry on until you see the signs, but by that time there could be thousands of dollars’ worth of damage to your home. If you ever see signs of moisture or condensation where there should be none, then you might have a water leak that needs immediate attention. It’s important to keep in mind that the day you notice a sign of a leak likely isn’t the day the leak started. It may have started weeks ago, so take action and get the situation under control quickly.
Some plumbing leaks are more obvious than others! You can see the water dripping from fixtures and pipes, or there is an accumulation of water where it isn’t supposed to be. But this isn’t always the case. If you suspect a leak hidden leak, it is crucial to get a licensed, trusted professional plumber out for leak detection as soon as possible. There are some signs to look for to indicate you may have a hidden leak that needs immediate attention.
Clear Signs for Rapid Leak Detection
- Water meter readings change even when not using water
- Increased water bill when water usage has not changed
- Unusual plant or grass growth in the yard or lawn areas
- Toilets that are continually running or dripping faucets
- Running water sounds when nothing is in use
- Spongy, soft, or discolored walls or ceilings
- Musty odor from floors, walls near drains, or sewers
- Cracked or unusually damp foundations or slabs
- Sewer backup problems that become chronic
- Visible mildew or excessive moisture under carpets
If you notice these signs it is imperative to have the issue addressed immediately by a trained technician.
Economy Plumbing Service LLC. will locate the leak with a non-invasive method, pinpointing exactly where the underlying issue is. From there, we can do a full assessment and put together a proposal to repair the damage quickly, correctly, and with as little disruption to your home as possible. Call us today to schedule leak detection service!